- Lessons of the Inca Shamans: Piercing the Veil. Forthcoming. Pine Winds Press.
- Commentary on “Deep Blues: Human Soundscapes for the Archetypal Journe”, by Mark Winborn. Forthcoming. Jung Journal.
- “A Dialogue with Jose Luis Herrera on Peruvian Shamanism,” Journal of Shamanic Practice, (Fall Issue, 2012)
- “The Veil between Ordinary and Non-Ordinary Reality: Working with the Objective Psyche in Shamanism and Depth Psychology, “issue 56-3 that will be published in September or October of 2013.Psychological Prospectives.
- Chao, C.M. & Harter, S. The role of competence in children’s creation of imaginary friends. (1992). Merrill-Palmer Quarterly, 38(3).
- Chao, C.M. The inner heart: Therapy with Southeast Asian families. In L.A. Vargas & J. Koss-Chioino (Eds.), Working with Culture: Psychotherapeutic Interventions with Ethnic Minority Children. (1992). San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
- Chao, C.M. Confessions of a supervisee/supervisor, or an apologia for doing something different. (1994). The Child, Youth and Family Services Quarterly, 1, 13-15.
- Chao, C.M. A bridge over troubled waters: Being Eurasian in the U.S. of A. In J. Adelman & G. Enguidanos (Eds.), The Significance of Racism in the Psychology of Women: Building Consciously Anti-Racist Models of Feminist Therapy. (1994). Binghampton, N.Y.: Haworth Press.
- Chao, C.M. On Ancestors and Ancestor Altars. Asian Week, February 10. 1995.
- Chao, C.M. On Ancestors and Ancestor Altars II. Focus: Notes From the Society for the Psychological Study of Ethnic Minority Issues, July, 1995.
- Jones, A.C.and Chao, C.M. Racial, ethnic and cultural issues in couples therapy. In W.K. Halford and H.J. Markman, (Editors). Clinical Handbook Of Marriage and Couples Intervention. (1997). New York: John Wiley and Sons.
- Chao, C.M. Ancestor and ancestor altars: connecting relationships. In J.L. Chin (Editor) Relationships Among Asian American Women. (2000) Washington, D.C.: American Psychological Assoc.
- Chao, C.M. The central role of culture: Working with Asian children and families. In F.W. Kaslow (Editor) Comprehensive Handbook Of Psychotherapy. Volume 3: Interpersonal/Humanistic/Existential. (2002). New York: John Wiley and Sons.
NANCY SWIFT-FURLOTTI, Ph.D.
- “The Archetypal drama in Puccini’s Madam Butterfly” published in Psychological Perspectives, 2009
- “Tracing a Red Thread: Synchronicity and Jung’s Red Book” published in Psychological Perspectives, 2009
Chapters in books:
- “Angels and Idols: Los Angeles, A City of Contrasts” in Tom Singer’s (ed.) book, Psyche and the City: A Soul’s Guide to the Modern Metropolis, published by Spring Publications, 2010
- “Narcissism in the Home” and “Narcissism in our Collective Home: American Culture” in A clear and Present Danger: Narcissism in the Era of Donald Trump, published by Chiron Books, 2016
- “Companions on the Way: Consciousness in Conflict” in Turbulent Times, Creative Minds: Erich Neumann and
- G. Jung in Relationship (1933-1960). published by Chiron Publication, 2016
Edited book with Dr. Erel Shalit,
- The Dream and its Amplification, published by Fisher King Press, 2010
- Jack London: A man in search of meaning. Jungian perspectives. Author House, 2012
- Gabel, S. (1985). Sleep research and clinically reported dreams. Can they be integrated? Dora, revisited. Journal of Analytical Psychology, 30, 185-205.
- Gabel, S. (1987). Information processing in REM sleep: Possible neurophysiological, neuropsychological and clinical correlates. Journal of Nervous and Mental Disease, 175, 193-200.
- Gabel, S. (1988). A review of research supporting a dualistic view of mental operations. Bulletin of the Menninger Clinic, 52, 410-422.
- Gabel, S. (1988). Dissociative phenomena and monitoring of self: Experimental, clinical and theoretical considerations. Integrative Psychiatry, 6, 53-60.
- Gabel, S. (1988). The right hemisphere in imagery, hypnosis, REM sleep and dreaming. Journal of Nervous and Mental Disease, 176, 323-331.
- Gabel, S. (1989). Dreams as a possible manifestation of a dissociated system of self monitoring within the individual. Journal of Nervous and Mental Disease, 177, 560-568.
- Gabel, S. (1990). Dreams and dissociation theory: Speculations on beneficial aspects of their linkage. Dissociation, 3, 38-47.
- Gabel, S. (1991). Monitoring the state of the self in dreams. Historical perspectives and theoretical implications. Psychoanalysis and Contemporary Thought, 14, 425-451.
- Gabel, S. (1993). The phenomenology of the self and its objects in waking and dreaming: Implications for a model of dreaming. Journal of the American Academy of Psychoanalysis, 21, 339-362.
- Krippner, S., Gabel, S., Green, J., & Rubien, R. (1994). Community applications of an experiential group approach to teaching dreamwork. Dreaming, 4, 215-222.
- Gabel, S (in preparation). Jack London: A Man in Search of Meaning. A Jungian Perspective.
Recent publications and dates:
- War of the Ancient Dragon: Transformation of Violence in Sandplay, 2016, An in-depth study of alchemical symbolism in the sandplay case of a violent six-year-old boy who was able to project his conflicts into the retort of the sandtray and transform. He could adapt to school and society and thrive, developing a sense of compassion for himself and others.
- “Mary Magdalene, Lover of the Dying and Resurrecting God-Man”, Psychological Perspectives, 56, Issue 4, 2014. A study of the psychological meaning of Mary’s role in the transformation of the God-image as depicted in the Christian drama of death and resurrection.
- “War of the Ancient Dragon”, Psychological Perspectives, Fall, 2012. Editor Margaret Johnson wrote, “Our journal does not usually publish ‘clinical’ cases, but with [this] essay… we would like to make an exception. Our editorial board found that it was valuable above and beyond being a case study because it remarkably grounds what can be very illusive alchemical imagery into psychological experience.”
- “War of the Ancient Dragon” published in German, (“Der Urkrieg des Drachen”) in Band 15, Reihe A of Jungiana, Journal of the C.G. Jung Foundation, Küsnacht, Switzerland, 2010.
- Two poems, Psychological Perspectives, 47, Issue 1, 2004.
- Facing Climate Change: An Integrated Path to the Future, Columbia University Press, 2016.
- The Evolution of Archetypal Forms in Western Civilization, Psychological Perspectives, 59:2, 202-218.
- A Jungian Perspective on Global Warming, Ecopsychology, vol. 4, 3, 187-192, 2012.
- The Jung Journal: Culture and Psyche – The Turquoise and Diamond Ring, pp. 63-68. A Review of Arlene Landau’s book Tragic Beauty: The Dark Side of Venus/Aphrodite and the Loss and Regeneration of Soul. Volume 9:1, Winter (February) 2015
- The Wounded Woman 1982
- On the Way to the Wedding 1986
- Witness to the Fire 1989
- Meeting the Madwoman 1993
- Following the Reindeer Woman 1995
- The Call to Create 2000
- Numerous articles, including: “The Tree of Life Film by Terrence Malick” (2013?), “The Double Life of Veronique film by Krystof Kieslowski” (Spring Journal Film Issue), “America’s Icarus Complex,” interview in America on the Couch (2015)
- “Jungian Feminine Psychology and Adolescent Prostitutes.” (I am 1st author, co- authored by Dr. Mitchell M. Handelsman). Adolescence, Vol.XXI No. 84, Winter 1986.
- BROTHERS AND SISTERS: Discovering the Psychology of Companionship. (2007) Spring Journal Books .
- “Deirdre of the Sorrows.” (2009). Spring Journal, Vol. 79, Irish Culture & Depth Psychology.
- “Reflections on Two Irish Films,” by Lara Newton (available at: laranewton.com)
Purchase at: springjournalandbooks.com
- Jung and the Alchemical Imagination (2000). Nicolas-Hays. Healing the Wounded God (2002). Nicolas-Hays.
- The Wedding of Sophia (2003). Nicolas-Hays. The Practice of Ally Work (2006).
- Nicolas-Hays. “The Felt Vision” and “The Ally” in The Sacred Heritage(1997).
- Routledge. “A Spiritual Perspective on Evil in the Kabbalah” in Quadrant (2004)
- “Thoughts on the Nature of Evil” in Journal of Jungian Theory and Practice (2006)
- “Analytical Psychology” in Applying Counseling Theories (2007). Pearson Merrill Prentice Hall.
- Four Eternal Women, (now translated into Czechoslovakian.)
- A Brief Introduction to Jungian Therapy. (2005). Spirit Talk Magazine.
- Stopping the World: Psychological Reflections on the Teachings of Don Juan. (2003). The San Francisco Jung Institute Library Journal, 21 (4), 13-23.
- A Man’s Journey to Recover his Soul: Psychological Reflections on the Movie “The Shipping News.” (2002). Quadrant, 32 (2), 78-89.
- Being Jungian in Today’s World, Part II. (1997). Colorado Psychological Association Bulletin, 30 (12), 11.
- Being Jungian in Today’s World. (1997). Colorado Psychological Association Bulletin, 30 (11), 14-15.
- Jung & Gender: Masculine & Feminine Revisited. (1997). The Round Table Review, 4 (4), 9-11.
- Taoism and Self-Actualization. (1996). In D. Williams (Ed.), The C.G. Jung Page. World Wide Web Location: http://www.cgjungpage.org/.
- My Road to Jung, or How I Ended Up 10,000 Feet Under the Ground. (1996). In D. Williams (Ed.), C.G. Jung Page . World Wide Web Location:http://www.cgjungpage.org/.
- The Usefulness of the Useless. (1991). In C. Zweig and J. Abrams (Eds.),Meeting the Shadow: The Hidden Power of the Dark Side of Human Nature.Los Angeles: Jeremy P. Tarcher.
- The Usefulness of the Useless. (1987). Psychological Perspectives, 18 (2), 363-374.
- The Usefulness of the Useless: Illness and Self-Realization. (1985). Wellspring, 4 (5), 3-4.
- Discovering Exercise Via the Body. (1982). Wellspring, 2 (1), 7-10.
- The Pursuit of Happiness. (1979). Insight, Spring, 2-3.
- A Rapid Assessment Procedure for Mother-Child Interactions. (1978). Journal of Clinical Child Psychology, 7, 132-135.
- Dreaming the Bat Out of the Shadow, Psychological Perspectives, 59: 219-241, 2016
- Various poems in: “Psychological Perspectives,” The Maryland Review, “The Wayfarer,” “Laughing Dog” “Lyn Cowan, Desire, and The Courageous Heart” (film, 2008)
- “Where We Are: Jungian Analysts in the 21st Century” (film, 2003)
Purchase at: springjournalandbooks.com